In the new customize sometimes the “reset default” doesn’t work fine. All the theme blows up because of the meta tags. Sometimes the themes have the same meta tags and all become a messy. But how can you do to theme be exactly like in the preview?
There’s a solution. I don’t know if is the best solution, but at least works.
1. SAVE your theme before anything. (or use the tumblr theme recover if you don’t like the results)
2. Erase all the codes and paste:
<html> <head> </head> <body> </body>
You have to paste like this way! One tag per line.
3. All your page will become white.
4. Save it and refresh the page.
5. Paste the new theme’s code
6. Save and refresh again!
Done! I hope this tip helps.